Native Leaf now a Green America, Gold Certified Business.
Founded in 1982, Green America is a not-for-profit membership organization with a mission to“harness economic power—the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace—to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
Native Leaf shares the Green America Vision “to work for a world where all people have enough, where all communities are healthy and safe, and where the bounty of the Earth is preserved for all the generations to come”.
To learn more about Green America’s Certification for Green Businesses, click here. Excerpt below:
Green America certifies businesses that are committed to using business as a platform for social change. Since 1982, Green America has evaluated over 8,000 small businesses.
We’ve helped leading green companies like Seventh Generation, Honest Tea, and Clif Bar take off in the marketplace. We connect people to entrepreneurs building sustainable enterprises from the ground up and Main Street businesses that serve their communities.
Green America certifies businesses that are:
- Actively using their business as a tool for positive social change;
- Operating a “values-driven” enterprise according to principles of social justice AND environmental sustainability;
- Environmentally responsible in the way they source, manufacture, and market their products and run their operations and facilities;
- Socially equitable and committed to extraordinary practices that benefit workers, customers, communities, and the environment; and
- Accountable for their work by continually improving and tracking their progress, and operating with radical transparency in every facet of their business.
Visit the Green Business Directory — www.greenpages.org — for a more products and services for people and planet.