At the Santa Cruz (California) Heritage Foundation Holiday Fair last weekend, our hand-woven wine bags were among the best-selling items.
We are fortunate to live in a part of the United States— California — with an amazing number of designated wine growing regions.
Did you know
- 90% of all the wine produced in the United States come from the state of California?
- California produces 1/3 more wine than what the entire country of Australia produces
- Over 427,000 acres of land is used for growing California wine grapes
- Popular grape varieties grown in California — among the over 100 types — include Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Syrah and Zinfandel
- If California was its own country, it would be the 4th largest wine producer in the world – Wow!
In California’s Santa Cruz & Central Coast region alone, where Native Leaf is based, there are 30 distinct wine growing areas with its own designated American Vitacultural Area (AVA).
AVA’s have distinctive physical features and growing conditions such as the climate, soil and elevation. There are now over 100 designated AVAs in California, including the much known Napa, Sonoma, Russian River Valley and Rutherford AVAs.
So if you live in US, a special bottle of California wine is one of the easiest ways to express your holiday sentiments, and to give a thank you gift to your customers and clients, and for that perfect corporate gift.
Native Leaf’s uniquely textured bag is all you need to take the next step in making your gift of wine all the more special.
Your gift recipients will appreciate the handcrafted beauty of our bags and they will be able to reuse the bag throughout the year, to take to their special bottle of wines to restaurants, or to picnics and special events.
We have a nice variety of wine bag colors currently in stock for the holiday gift giving season. Visit our wine bag pages here…
California Wine article on Wikipedia
List of California’s AVA - American Viticultural Areas